Pork Fried Rice With Corn and Shishito Peppers
Added two serrano peppers
6 oz of leftover pork or ham
Used 7 ounces of 1/4 inch boneless pork chops
Added in 1/2 Tbsp
|Ingredient||Old Value||New Value|
|Shishito Peppers||12 peppers||117 grams|
- We combine two recipes to ensure that we have a great base pork recipe that is Asian inspired on the flavor spectrum, but any leftovers would do in a pinch.
- Make sure that the rice is made at least a day ahead of time. We normally use the 1 cup dry jasmine rice to 2 cups of water method with a bay leaf in our rice cooker.
- Make sure all of your ingredients are ready and pre-chopped near the wok, the recipe goes quickly and having everything within arms reach is crucial.
- For the pork chops, we left out the hoison sauce completely, per the comments. We simply marinated the meat for the indicated two hours and then finished it per the recipe
- We reduced the amount of shishito peppers slightly and added in serrano peppers for extra spice to the dish.