Rhubarb Almond Crumb Cake
Replaced with sliced almonds
2 cups of rhubarb. If using frozen rhubarb, stir this in last to ensure that the melted butter isn’t cooled
We don't like overly sweet baked goods, so we cut the sugar to one cup, but this can be manipulated to taste
|Ingredient||Old Value||New Value|
|All purpose flour||1.25 cups||162.5 grams|
- Make the crumb first and place in the fridge while you prep the rest of the recipe, this helps the crumb maintain its integrity versus becoming a soggy mush on top of the cake.
- Our oven runs hot, so this bakes much closer to 35-45 minutes. It also depends on if the rhubarb is fresh or frozen.
- Baking with a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of baking dish helps the cake to pop out after cooling.
- If using a glass baking dish, the bottom of the cake should be lightly browned when it’s done. Sometimes the toothpick test doesn’t work well due to the goo of the rhubarb.
- If your almonds are pre-salted, cut the salt in the crumble to 1/4 tsp.