Shredded Chicken With Soba Noodles and Miso Butter
In the lull of time between our CSA pickups, we try to use what we have on hand to pull together a dinner for two. This recipe has been a newfound favorite of ours for an easy summertime weeknight meal. The miso and butter mixture leads to a surprisingly unique strawberry aroma that we've come to love. The texture of the crispy shredded chicken and the crunch of the green onions and bean sprouts makes rounds this dish out to be very enjoyable and satiating.
We increased the amount of chicken thighs from one pound to one and a half pounds for a more substantial dinner
|Ingredient||Old Value||New Value|
|Bean sprouts||1 cup||85 grams|
|Soba noodes||3 bundles - 6 ounces||2 bundles. Our soba noodle bunldes were 3.6 ounces.|
- Make sure to preheat the cast iron dutch oven to ensure that the chicken skin gets extra crispy.
- Once the chicken is in the pan, do not move it for the first seven minutes. This ensures that skin remains intact and prevents the chicken from drying out.
- Bring the chicken stock to an aggressive simmer after the addition of the broth to ensure you meet the cooktime, if the simmer is too low, the chicken will take a very long time to cook through.
- Ensure that your butter and miso come to room temperature, if they still look solid before you add the noodles to the serving dish, it may be worth it slightly microwave the bowl to begin the rapid melting process.
- This serves four with an appetizer or two-three as a main.