The one cup of melted butter the recipe calls for can be replaced with any mixture of olive oil, greek yogurt, sour cream, or creme fraiche. The texture still remains light and fluffy
Summer squash (yellow) also works great in this recipe
Turbinado sugar in place of granulated sugar makes this recipe even more delicious
|Ingredient||Old Value||New Value|
- Shredding the zucchini in a food processor makes this recipe painless and very quick.
- We always add in about a cup to a cup and a half of chocolate chips.
- If using chocolate chips or any other sweet additions, cut the sugar to at least 1 cup, if not less, to taste.
- We have successfully cut this recipe by ⅓ to make smaller batches for the two of us.
- These are best fresh on day one, but hold up for a maximum of two days at room temperature in a sealed container.